Chinook Council Indaba Day
Hosted by Nose Hill East and Calgary LDS North
Mark off your calendar for Saturday March 24, 2018 from 8:45 AM to 4:00 PM
Registration closes on March 6, 2018
Cost: $10 (Includes lunch)
- Facilitating for Diverse Youth: How do you engage youth with a wide variety of social, physical and emotional abilities? As a Scouter are you finding it a challenge to come up with strategies that work? We have a session on youth diversification that might help. At the very least this session will give Scouters a forum to discuss ideas that have worked and those that have not.
- Incorporating the Badge Program: Using the Badge Program to motivate Youth.
- Scout Tracker Overview: An overview of how to use Scout Tracker for your sections.
- Scouter Recognition: Thank You goes a long way, how can we show our thanks to those who serve our youth? Come find out what recognition can do to boost your groups morale.
- Youth led Plan-Do-Review: Overcome your fear of letting the youth plan their activities. How to incorporate “Youth Led Scouting” into your sections. From Beavers to Rovers discuss the challenges of letting youth lead.
- Fundraising & Financial Reporting: Practical skills for keeping your groups financially active.
- LDS How to: This session will provide an overview of Administrative roles and resources available to section scouters in LDS sponsored Groups. Goal is to provide resources and an open discussion on scouting operations in the LDS community.
- OAS Sailing Skills: Ever wanted to incorporate Sailing skills into your program? Come learn how to add this aspect without getting swamped.
- Wood Badge 2: Finished Woodbadge 1 Training? Still want more? Learn about the WoodBadge II delivery method and how to increase your skills beyond the basics.
- LDS Cub programs: Focusing on LDS Cub Sections and how to keep them operating smoothly.
- Dutch Oven Basics: Learn how to use a Dutch oven in the Winter
- Corporate Sponsorship & Fund Raising: Presentation and workshop on creating solicitation packages to present local businesses, service clubs, and philanthropists. Learn of several different software programs to develop your own packages. Learn key points of solicitation and importance of a unified message.
- STEM: Science, Technology, Engineering & Math. How to incorporate these activities into your program. Goal is to provide resources for including STEM components in your youth’s adventures.
- Bear Aware: Valuable Skills to keep you aware in Bear country.
- Winter/Spring Skills Basics: Incorporating the Badge ProgramUsing the Badge Program to motivate Youth.
- Youth Led Camping: How to facilitate youth planned camping activities.
- Outdoor building (season appropriate) (double session): Learn the Skills needed to build something outdoors, seasonally appropriate, ie lean-to or quinzhee
- Outdoor adventure (double session): Learn the Skills needed for leading a outdoor adventure, seasonally appropriate, it will be held outside
For more information and registration, visit http://www.indabaday.ca/nhe.html